Currently, I work closely with Prof. Wai Lam for a Ph.D. degree.
Email: thisisjcykcd AT gmail.com
- Aug. 2018 - Present
Ph.D. student, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Sept. 2015 - Mar. 2018
M.S., Dept. of Computer Science, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Sept. 2011 - Jun. 2015
B.E., Dept. of Computer Science, Xiamen University
- Jul. 2017 - Jan. 2018, Visiting scholar
Singapore University of Technology and Design, Advisor: Prof. Yue Zhang
- Feb. 2017 -Jun. 2017, Research intern
Tencent AI Lab, Mentors: Dr. Xiaojiang Liu, Dr. Shuming Shi
- Sept. 2015 -Feb. 2017, Research assistant
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Supervisor: Prof. Hai Zhao
Selected Publications: (Google Scholar)
- Graph Transformer for Graph-to-Sequence Learning. [arxiv] [code]
Deng Cai and Wai Lam. To appear in Proceedings of the AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2020. (AAAI 2020)
- Core Semantic First: A Top-down Approach for AMR Parsing. [arxiv] [paper] [code] [slides]
Deng Cai and Wai Lam. In Proceedings of the Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing, 2019. (EMNLP 2019)
- Retrieval-guided Dialogue Response Generation via a Matching-to-Generation Framework. [paper] [code]
Deng Cai, Yan Wang, Wei Bi, Zhaopeng Tu, Xiaojiang Liu, and Shuming Shi. In Proceedings of the Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing, 2019. (EMNLP 2019)
- Skeleton-to-Response: Dialogue Generation Guided by Retrieval Memory. [arxiv] [paper] [code] [slides]
Deng Cai, Yan Wang, Wei Bi, Zhaopeng Tu, Xiaojiang Liu, Wai Lam, and Shuming Shi. In Proceedings of the Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics, 2019. (NAACL 2019)
- Unsupervised Learning helps Supervised Neural Word Segmentation. [paper]
Xiaobin Wang, Deng Cai, Guangwei Xu, Hai Zhao, Linlin Li and Luo Si. In Proceedings of the AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2019. (AAAI 2019)
- Translating a Math Word Problem to a Expression Tree. [paper]
Lei Wang, Yan Wang, Deng Cai, Dongxiang Zhang and Xiaojiang Liu. In Proceedings of the Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing, 2018. (EMNLP 2018).
- Fast and Accurate Neural Word Segmentation for Chinese. [paper] [code]
Deng Cai, Hai Zhao, Zhisong Zhang, Yuan Xin, Yongjian Wu, and Feiyue Huang. In Proceedings of the Association for Computational Linguistics, 2017. (ACL 2017).
- A Hybrid Model for Chinese Spelling Check. [paper]
Deng Cai*, Hai Zhao* (first authors), Yang Xin, Yuzhu Wang, Zhongye Jia. ACM Transactions on Asian Low-Resource Language Information Process, 2017. (TALLIP).
- Neural Word Segmentation Learning for Chinese. [paper] [code] [slides]
Deng Cai and Hai Zhao. In Proceedings of the Association for Computational Linguistics, 2016. (ACL 2016).
Open Source Projects: (Github Profile)
- Fast and Accurate Neural Chinese Word Segmentation
Efficient and effective neural Chinese word segmentation using direct structured prediction approach. Works have been presented at ACL2016 and ACL2017.
I used to contribute actively to Dynet. A list of my contributions can be found here.
A simple yet complete implementation of the popular BERT model, tested on large-scale distributed environment (more than 80GPUs).
- Biaffine Dependency Parser
A Dynet implementation of the popular biaffine dependency parser, achieving state-of-the-art performance. Much simpler than the original tensorflow code. I played around many domain adaptation methods on this model.
- Implicit Discourse Relation Classification
Pair-aware sentence modeling for Implicit Discourse Relation Classification. A summary of this work: [paper]
Selected Awards and Honors:
- National Scholarship for Graduate Student (top 2% students), Ministry of Education of P.R.China, 2016
- Excellent Undergraduate Thesis Award, XMU, 2015
- Dean's List, 2014, School of Information Science and Engineering, XMU, 2014
- Gold Medal, The 5-th Fujian Provincial University Programming Contest, 2014
- Bronze Medal, ACM-ICPC Asia Regional Programming Contest, 2013
Reviewer (or PC Member): AAAI(2020), ACL(2017-2019), EMNLP(2019), COLING(2016), EACL(2017), IJCNLP(2017), LREC(2018,2020), INLG(2019)
- What?! I remember clearly, last time I played the game, I was an international master.
- I cannot swim well because my density is too large.