Email: thisisjcykcd AT gmail.com
- Aug. 2018 - Present
Ph.D. student, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Sept. 2015 - Mar. 2018
M.S., Dept. of Computer Science, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Sept. 2011 - Jun. 2015
B.E., Dept. of Computer Science, Xiamen University
- Jul. 2017 - Jan. 2018, Visiting scholar
Singapore University of Technology and Design, Advisor: Prof. Yue Zhang
- Feb. 2017 -Jun. 2017, Research intern
Tencent AI Lab, Mentors: Dr. Xiaojiang Liu, Dr. Shuming Shi
- Sept. 2015 -Feb. 2017, Research assistant
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Supervisor: Prof. Hai Zhao
Selected Publications: (Google Scholar)
- Unsupervised Learning helps Supervised Neural Word Segmentation.
Xiaobin Wang, Deng Cai, Guangwei Xu, Hai Zhao, Linlin Li and Luo Si. In Proceedings of the AAAI 2019 Conference, 2019. (AAAI 2019)(to appear).
- Translating a Math Word Problem to a Expression Tree. [paper]
Lei Wang, Yan Wang, Deng Cai, Dongxiang Zhang and Xiaojiang Liu. In Proceedings of the EMNLP 2018 Conference, 2018. (EMNLP 2018).
- Fast and Accurate Neural Word Segmentation for Chinese. [paper] [code]
Deng Cai, Hai Zhao, Zhisong Zhang, Yuan Xin, Yongjian Wu, and Feiyue Huang. In Proceedings of the ACL 2017 Conference, 2017. (ACL 2017).
- A Hybrid Model for Chinese Spelling Check. [paper]
Deng Cai*, Hai Zhao* (first authors), Yang Xin, Yuzhu Wang, Zhongye Jia. ACM Transactions on Asian Low-Resource Language Information Process, 2017. (TALLIP).
- Neural Word Segmentation Learning for Chinese. [paper] [code] [slides]
Deng Cai and Hai Zhao. In Proceedings of the ACL 2016 Conference, 2016. (ACL 2016).
Open Source Projects: (Github Profile)
- Chinese Word Segmentation
Efficient and effective neural Chinese word segmentation algorithms. Our framwork directly models the structure of Chinese word sequence. This work has been presented at ACL2016
- Greedy Chinese Word Segmentation
Direct structured prediction approach for CWS with improved speed and accuracy. This work has been presented at ACL2017
- Dependency Parser
This is a Dynet version of Biaffine dependency parser, achieving state-of-the-art performance and recieving stars :). I played around many domain adaptation methods on this model.
I actively used and contributed to Dynet. A list of my contributions can be found here .
- Implicit Discourse Relation Classification
Pair-aware sentence modeling for Implicit Discourse Relation Classification. A summary of this work: [paper]
Selected Awards and Honors:
- National Scholarship for Graduate Student (top 2% students), Ministry of Education of P.R.China, 2016
- Excellent Undergraduate Thesis Award, XMU, 2015
- Dean's List, 2014, School of Information Science and Engineering, XMU, 2014
- Gold Medal, The 5-th Fujian Provincial University Programming Contest, 2014
- Bronze Medal, ACM-ICPC Asia Regional Programming Contest, 2013
- What?! I remember clearly, last time I played the game, I was an international master.
- I cannot swim well because my density is too large.